Quality of movement is quality of life
The way we move is directly linked to the way we think and feel. Based on this insight, Moshé Feldenkrais (using his background in physics, mechanical engineering and judo) developed his own holistic method of movement and physical awareness.
With the Feldenkrais Method we learn how to move efficiently and intelligently without straining or damaging our body. The movements and sequences may be unusual, carried out in a gentle way, they lead us to a different awareness which enables us to discover a new intelligence of physical movement. The stimulation of our neuro-muscular system has positive effects on us as a whole person.
Feldenkrais lessons include and offer new approaches to:
- walking, sitting, standing : we carry out and coordinate everyday activities with more ease and agility; chronic pains may be reduced.
- improving and refining our body awareness: we learn to regulate tension and counteract stress.
- enhancing rehabilitation in the context of accidents, injuries or illness.
- preventing limitation in agility and flexibility as we grow older.
- stimulating and developing our personality on a physical and emotional basis.
The Feldenkrais Method is also suitable for:
- athletes or dancers, for anybody who moves intensively: the method offers ways of improving their performance and/or avoiding injuries or dysfunctional strains.
- musicians, who may be affected by imbalanced physical strains: their movement patterns can be changed and improved.
- individual lessons (one-to-one approach) Feldenkrais Functional Integration (FI)
- group lessons: Feldenkrais, Awareness Through Movement (ATM)
- workshops and courses: Feldenkrais Method meets Dance
help babys and children with special needs to develop